|The three main pillars of SPN21:|
SPN21 Schooling system and public examinations:
In SPN21, all students will follow common curriculum at Year 7 and Year 8. After Year 8, students will be channeled to one of the following:
- General Secondary Education Programme ( Year 9 to Year 10 or Year 9 to Year 11)
- Applied Secondary Education Programme ( Year 9 to Year 11)
Students will complete the general schooling system or proceed to vocational and technical institutions only after completing Year 10 (4-Year General Secondary Education Programme) or Year 11 ( 5-Year Secondary Education Programme) before sitting for BC GCE 'O' Level, IGCSE, BTEC or other alternative qualification. Lateral transfers between the 4-Year programme and the 5-Year programme are allowed, but subject to the students' achievement and specific requirements.
Other programmes that are also offered in SPN 21 are:
- Specialised Education Programme - The programme is for students who are gifted in specific academic fields such as Science and Mathematics or talented in music, performing arts and fine arts, or who excel in sports.
- Special Educational Needs Programme - This programme is for students who are in the following need categories:
- Visually and auditory impaired
- Mentally challenged
- Physically challenged
- Specific learning challenges