The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan has offered following four (4) scholarships year 2019-20 for students from ASEAN member countries under the Pakistani Technical Assistance Programme (PTAP) as follows:
I. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – 02 Scholarships; and
II. B.Sc Engineering – 02 Scholarships
The minimum educational qualification for admission to all the disciplines is Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or its equivalent qualification. Specific requirements of each discipline are as under:
MBBS & BDS
|Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Mathematics|
- At least 70% marks in HSSC or its equivalent after conversion from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
- Candidates are required to have secured at least 60% marks in entry test. OR In Lieu of the Entry Test, candidates are required to have passed SAT-II examination with a minimum "550" marks in each of the three subjects, of which to have to be biology and chemistry OR a foreign MCAT with a minimum score of 500.
In case, medium of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, then candidates will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS score of 500 or 5.5 respectively OR Certification by National University of Modern Language (NUML), Islamabad after one year English language course.
|Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
- At least 60% marks in HHSC or equivalent examination.
- As prescribed by some of the universities, candidates are required to have passed SAT-I and SAT-II OR Entry Test.
- In case, medium of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination then candidates will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS score of 550 or 5.5 respectively. OR Certification by National University if Modern Language (NUML), Islamabad after one year English language course.
|D. Pharmacy ||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||At least 60% marks in HSSC or equivalent from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).|
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
a) Seats for foreign students are available in the institutions throughout Pakistan and the placement of students is done by EAD on the basis of merit, choice of the students and the availability of slots. Moreover, institutions are not bound to entertain the students after expiry of their prescribed deadline.
b) The general eligibility / final selection of the students will be made by the institutions concerned keeping in view their admission criteria
c) Eligibility of students in terms of equivalence of certificates and grades will be determined by Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC), Islamabad. Concerned Embassies / students are bound to submit their equivalence certificates issued by IBCC, Islamabad along with their application forms
d) The students admitted under PTAP will be required to pay the prescribed fee applicable under the Program to the institutions concerned. Expenses on travelling, boarding and lodging etc. are also to be borne by the students themselves
e) Migration from one institute to another shall be governed by the relevant policy of the institutions concerned
f) Exemption from tuition fee and other dues will be dealt as per policy of the institutions concerned
I. Certificates/Marks Sheets of HSSC examination/ or equivalent examination
II. Recent photograph passport size (4 copies)
III. Copies of Passport of the applicant
IV. Equivalence Certificate by the Secretary, Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Islamabad
V. Copies of MCAT, SAT-II score;
VI. TOFEL / IELTS score for admission in B.Sc. Engineering/MBBS/BDS, in case medium of instruction is not English in the qualified examination
VII. Undertaking by those candidates applying for admission in Medical and Dental Colleges of Pakistan to the effect, that they are not already studying in any other Medical/Dental college of Pakistan at the time of applying for PTAP seat
Updated / latest application form which can be downloaded from EAD's website www.ead.gov.pk, should be preferably typed or printed and submitted in quadruplicate.
The applications must be submitted on the prescribed format along with attachments latest by 05 September 2019 for B.Sc Engineering and 25 September 2019 for MBBS program.
For more information, please contact Mr Jamal Nasir at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.