Science Technology and Environment Partnership Centre (STEP)
|To support in ensuring the opportunity on the development of Science, Technology and Environment Education and hence enhancing the development of skilled human resources in the fields especially for business and industrial sectors|
|Be the Centre for effective enrichment initiatives related to Science, Technology, Environment and Mathematics (STEM) education|
|Enrich the knowledge and skills of students and teachers on Science, Technology, Environment and Mathematics (STEM) related fields through educational initiatives|
|Head of STEP||Yang Mulia Dayang Sarimah binti Abu Bakar|
|Address||The Science, Technology and Environment Partnership (STEP) Centre,|
Ministry of Education
C7,C8 and C9
Simpang 125, Jalan Muara BB2313
Tel : (+673) 2335960/1/2/3
Fax : (+673) 2335963
The Science, Technology and Environment Partnership (STEP) Centre, established within the Ministry of Education, had started its operation since the beginning of 1999. Its operation was marked with the Signing of Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Education and Brunei Shell Petroleum Company Sendirian Berhad, as its first partner.
As part of the centre main policy, the word “partnership” in this context means that programmes and activities would be organized in collaboration / cooperation / close communications between the educational institutions and other ministries, departments, business and industries; and related non-government organizations (national, regional and international). Through this partnership, it is expected that benefits would be gained by all the organizations involved.
More information about STEP Centre, it can be viewed through STEP Centre blogspot :
- To provide opportunity for students and teachers to gain experiences and knowledge and skills on Science, Technology, Environment and Mathematics (STEM) related fields through enrichment initiatives
- To promote interest and awareness of students towards the importance STEM related fields
- To establish partnerships and collaborations with other organisations in conducting educational initiatives
- Developing, organising and coordinating educational initiatives that enhance knowledge, skills, interest and awareness of students and teachers on Science, Technology, Environment and Mathematics (STEM) related fields
- Involving students, teachers and other educational stakeholders to participate in conducting STEM related educational initiatives Inculcating the 21st century skills through STEM related educational initiatives
- Evaluating the suitability of any proposed or invitational programmes from other organisations.
- Develop and organise partnerships or collaborative initiatives with other organisations