*THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED*
Click Here for Malay Version
|Quality gifted education for tomorrow's leaders|
|Preparation and implementation of quality gifted education programmes to unleash students' potential, talents and skills to their maximum capacity|
|CentrE for the Development of Gifted and Talented Education or in short, EDGE was consented to be established on 06 February 2021. EDGE was established to plan and closely monitor the skills , potential, and talent development as well as the educational progression of students identified as gifted and talented in Brunei Darussalam.|
The EDGE is one the centres under the purview of the Office of the Deputy Permanent Secretary (Core Education) led by a Head of Centre and assisted by 5 officers and 1 support staff.
|Head||Yang Mulia Dr Mona Aliana binti Dato Paduka Awang Haji Mohd Alimin|
4th Floor, Block A
Ministry of Education
Jalan Airport Lama
|Contact||Tel/ Fax No. : 2383372|
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- To plan and closely monitor the skills, potential, and talent development as well as the educational progression of students identified as gifted and talented in Brunei Darussalam.
- To strengthen and further improve the services, support, and delivery of an education for gifted and talented students that is more systematic, orderly, and consistent so they may develop their skills and talent, to realise their potential.
- To support the Ministry of Education (MoE)'s strategic plan 2018 - 2022, specifically on the access to quality education for equity and equity for all students.
- To achieve the Ministry of Education's (MoE) aspiration to produce well-wounded students who are equipped with knowledge and skills and possess commendable attitudes, values, and personalities.
1. Coordinate programmes related to gifted and talented students that include the process of planning, designing and implementation:
- Identification, nomination, selection and evaluation system.
- Quality gifted education programmes, including leadership and student development programmes.
- Monitoring and evaluation system
2. Coordinate programmes related to students under the government scholarships to local institutions which include planning, designing and implementation:
3. As a reference centre for programmes related to gifted and talented students and students under the government scholarships to local institutions.
- Quality leadership and student development programmes.
- Monitoring and evaluation system.
4. Coordinate gifted and talented education programmes organised locally and overseas.
|to be updated|